• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

ryan_m

100cc
I just built a crack yak for a local guy, 2 of the servos were dead. One worked just long enough to set the plane up, but when we went for a maiden the ailerons were dead. Nice. Had to cut the servo out and enlarge the hole for an hxt-900 that we had laying around. I definitely won't buy their power package if I ever build one for me.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

That sucks.. At the Knoxville huckfest I saw dozens of crack yaks and I didn't see one person who wasn't using the stock combo.. I would be curious to see the other options though..

hone

150cc
I just built a crack yak for a local guy, 2 of the servos were dead. One worked just long enough to set the plane up, but when we went for a maiden the ailerons were dead. Nice. Had to cut the servo out and enlarge the hole for an hxt-900 that we had laying around. I definitely won't buy their power package if I ever build one for me.

That's weak. I've had great success with their combo. You should contact them about it. Even if you don't need them to replace the servos you should let them know, they usually like to know how often these things happen so they know if they need to change what they're stocking. Feedback is always a good thing.

P.S. I really love the Extra Slick they sell. Everyone loves the Crack Yak but the Extra Slick is smooooth

Santi8

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

That's weak. I've had great success with their combo. You should contact them about it. Even if you don't need them to replace the servos you should let them know, they usually like to know how often these things happen so they know if they need to change what they're stocking. Feedback is always a good thing.

P.S. I really love the Extra Slick they sell. Everyone loves the Crack Yak but the Extra Slick is smooooth

I don't want to hijack the 3dhs thread with crack talk, but bottom line if mine disappeared today, I would purchase a replacement with the combo immediately! And I'm 3s all the way!!

gyro

GSN Contributor

Agreed. Remember fellas, we want to avoid blanket complaining about, or criticizing vendors that were not given an opportunity to make it right... it's not really fair to them, or their potential future buyers.
If you get a kit from a vendor, and something is wrong, but you don't give them a chance to fix it, then I'd say that's poo on you. :)

-G

ryan_m

100cc

The owner of the plane did contact them, and they are going to replace the servos I believe. Not bashing the company at all, they have always been great to deal with!
If 3dhs ever brings back their foamies I'm definitely buying a replacement 33" Extra. I love mine, but it's days are numbered. It's old now and most of the welders glue is starting to get brittle and break. I'm repairing it about every other week :) It sat on the shelf for about nine months, and I've just started flying it again. In the meantime if I manage to kill it I'll definitely take a look at the Extra Slick. I know many love the crack yak, I'm not as fond of it as I am the 3dhs 33" Extra though.

wedoitall

i got the combo package. i havent had my TH edge very long, BUT i have beat and bang'd the crap out of the servos. i would definitely get the power combo again. i did have to unglue the rudder control horn and fix up a new one. i used a hot knife to remove the old horn. worked like a charm, i just took my time.