• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

How do you like the Super Vyper? I just built one this weekend but didn't maiden it because the wind was nuts!!

Here she is...View attachment 3207

She looks great, although she'll be slower because she's yellow...
Since I've had one before so I know what to expect, and they're great flying planes. I had battery failure (open connection inside) on my maiden of SV3 yesterday, so I've gotta get some new gear and a new prop on her before the next flight. Might also need some new motor bearings.
Also, I'm throwing out the zippy compact 4s 2700 25c batteries I've been using.
I bought them around 9 months ago before I began my HK embargo, and they haven't lasted long. Only 23 flights per pack, and I've already had 3/8 develop an open connection within the pack where the leads are soldered to the cells. Junk if you ask me.
As soon as epbuddy gets some 4s glaciers back in stock, I'll get some new ones, until then, my Vyper is grounded :(

SnowDog

How do you like the Super Vyper? I just built one this weekend but didn't maiden it because the wind was nuts!!

Here she is...View attachment 3207

She looks great, although she'll be slower because she's yellow...
Since I've had one before so I know what to expect, and they're great flying planes. I had battery failure on my maiden of SV3 yesterday, so I've gotta get some new gear and a new prop on her before the next flight. Might also need some new motor bearings.
Also, I'm throwing out the zippy flight max 4s 2700 batteries I've been using.
I bought them around 9 months ago before I began my HK embargo, and they haven't lasted long. Only 23 flights per pack, and I've already had 3/8 develop an open connection within the pack where the leads are soldered to the cells. Junk if you ask me.
As soon as epbuddy gets some 4s glaciers back in stock, I'll get some new ones, until then, my Vyper is grounded :(

The SuperVyper 48 was the first 3DHS airframe I owned, and I still love it and it is still flying! Cool thing is that the wind doesn't really bother this plane much at all. I can fly in 15-20mph winds...of course, I wouldn't do that for a maiden! ;)

Gary, sorry to hear about your battery failure on your maiden...:( ValueHobby has really nice batteries that have lasted me quite a long time. I like to have multiple battery vendors to select from since you never know when one of them will be out of stock...so I go with Value Hobby, HobbyPartz, and now the Glacier packs from EP Buddy. Hope the repairs are not too extensive...you know I heard the yellow SV's fly better...maybe you should try one ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor

The SuperVyper 48 was the first 3DHS airframe I owned, and I still love it and it is still flying! Cool thing is that the wind doesn't really bother this plane much at all. I can fly in 15-20mph winds...of course, I wouldn't do that for a maiden! ;)

Gary, sorry to hear about your battery failure on your maiden...:( ValueHobby has really nice batteries that have lasted me quite a long time. I like to have multiple battery vendors to select from since you never know when one of them will be out of stock...so I go with Value Hobby, HobbyPartz, and now the Glacier packs from EP Buddy. Hope the repairs are not too extensive...you know I heard the yellow SV's fly better...maybe you should try one ;)

I knew you'd jump on the yellow comnent!
My second SV was a yellow one, and it wasn't as fast, nor did it fly as well as my original Red one which was a victim of a midair, so I sold the yellow one last spring, and that's why I got a new red one! :p

quadracer

100cc
Diggity and Hugocraft came to fly at my grandma-in-law's farm today. There's a nice 450' strip of grass to land and launch, and a wide-open 300 acres of crop field to fly over. However, resisting the Ohio River proved futile. Let the tail-dunking ensue. :D:)

[video=youtube;l3qAmeKxXoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qAmeKxXoQ[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor

Great tail touches! Glad the plane survived the last one. :)

hosam

70cc twin V2

Attachments

• IMAG1267.jpg
    IMAG1267.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 148

quadracer

100cc
Hugo had to "fly-dry" his 87 after the dunking. :)

Some say no to drugs, Hugo says no to such unnecessary items as cowls and canopies. :D
[video=youtube;JaA7Qtp8l1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaA7Qtp8l1U&feature=g-upl[/video]