• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS extra 330 LX 120" build thread

Just wanted to point out some issues i have had with this airframe kit. By the way, airplane flies great, but there seems to be some problems with quality of the kits.

2 major problems:

1. tail wheel

2. firewall alignment lines/guides...

Attachments

• IMG_5676.JPG
    IMG_5676.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • IMG_5695.JPG
    IMG_5695.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_5767.JPG
    IMG_5767.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 319
let me talk about the tail wheel first. the picture i posted was the 1st modification. Before she ever even had a flight. the tiller arm that came with the kit would not reach the hole of the ball link, that is glued into the rudder. the ball link, consequently has fallen off the rudder, glue did not hold it from the factory. also, the rubber of the tail wheel fell off the hub when i first started the motor, so i had to replace the tail wheel. You can also see from the picture that i had to use piano wire, and bend it, to help it reach past the ball link. well now, i have changed the complete tail wheel assembly. it now has a white rose wheel with a new tiller arm.. the ball link has been glued in deeper, and now after 27 flights, no problem. i cannot stress enough how important the tail wheel is, especially if you land and take off on asphalt.

the firewall has a major problem. when i drilled the holes based on the lines, my spinner sits lower than the cowl. this really really SUCKS!!!! guess it is going to stay that way.

gyro

GSN Contributor
the firewall has a major problem. when i drilled the holes based on the lines, my spinner sits lower than the cowl. this really really SUCKS!!!! guess it is going to stay that way.

Damn... That does suck! can you post a pic with a close up of where the spinner sits?
(the whole spinner- not just the side)

yes, i sure will..

when i get home from work today i will do it.

i also want to post the picture of where i really drilled it.
the first picture was not where i drilled it, since it lines up with the center vertical line. i used the line to the right on the picture, or left on the airplane.

Attachments

• IMG_5696.JPG
    IMG_5696.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 337
here is the spinner position relative to the cowl.

Attachments

• IMG_5848.JPG
    IMG_5848.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_5849.JPG
    IMG_5849.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_5851.JPG
    IMG_5851.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 374