• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS and Extreme Flight Merger?

Suds

50cc
There is no doubt about that.
I haven't bought a plane from them, but they (Redwing) seem to be doing everything right. I just saw they offer a Stinson Reliant! Very classy.

They sure seem to be on the right track. Just wish they stocked replacement parts instead of having to rely on them ordering on the next container - could take 4+ months.

How about 8 months. That is how long it took to get mine.

You have to put out the capital and warehouse space and risk to stock spare parts. A lot of the companies just break up kits, but we go through canopies and cowls faster than wings and stabs. 3DHS seems to just get big orders like once a year where EF gets a trickle every container. Even the vaunted Horizon has months of wait for parts sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

sr175

30cc
It would be tempting if I had a laser CNC to make replacement parts for these planes. Relying on China is just plain crazy for such simple replacement parts. So a suggestion for the new EF/3DHS company would be BUY A CUTTER and make your own replacement parts! There's a small company here that did that and is doing very well "testing the various aspects of flight" and work with other areas that are growing in the hobby. 3D is not growing right now but all of us like and highly respect a company that can provide that extra service. It means you have to have parts to sell no matter what.

The parts I usually need are either fiberglass, plastic, or carbon fiber. I can repair balsa and ply, but making a canopy is a bit beyond my current skill level.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I hear it is pretty easy if you have the mold... the mold is the real trick :)

skibum44

70cc twin V2
did i read the thread title wrong? Thought we were talking about a possible merger, but it looks like a redwing plug. Honestly loosing interest, but carry on.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't think there really is any additional info we can discuss about the merger that hasn't already been said. I get what your saying but I think we all have to sit tight and wait until Nall for details unless you got any???

skibum44

70cc twin V2
No worries Mike just expressing my thoughts, I'll get over it. Wish I had details as I am awaiting anxiously as I buy from both companies.