• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS and Extreme Flight Merger?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
One thing is for sure..... The guys running smoke with that covering are gonna love no seams!!

So true! That is a great question.... and I have not heard but I am sure this has to be a new covering material since they can print on it... Printing requires heat (I believe all the time could be wrong) but how do they do that without it shrinking? Scratching my head.... will it be a covering that you never have to iron or put a heat gun to... Help me out here! LOL

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Watching this now to see if it shows any of that process.

[video=vimeo;127409244]https://vimeo.com/127409244[/video]

Bipenut53

150cc
So true! That is a great question.... and I have not heard but I am sure this has to be a new covering material since they can print on it... Printing requires heat (I believe all the time could be wrong) but how do they do that without it shrinking? Scratching my head.... will it be a covering that you never have to iron or put a heat gun to... Help me out here! LOL

Not so quick Captain... lol I heard that question at the end of the news conference and the answer was that since they are covering balsa, that you will still need your iron and heat gun....

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Man who can't be excited and worried after watching that video. Excited about all the cool stuff coming and worried about how I'm gonna afford all the cool stuff I'll want lol.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I watched the vid and yep as 3dnater pointed out no info on the new covering technique. Snow is right that yes they probably are guarding that secret but... it's china,,, you know if will be ripped off in a few days if not already!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I watched the announcement video and 2 of the other videos and have to admit that I felt better about the merger after watching the videos. They appear to have really thought this through and appear to be doing it right. I look forward to seeing planes from the Legacy and Aces High brand. Especially when they start making the the giant scale planes. I am really not interested in electric options. Nothing wrong with electric, I am just not into them.