• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS and Extreme Flight Merger?

SnowDog

After watching the interview with Chris, Ben, Noll, and JTG, I'm a little more optimistic about the merger. Their new covering techniques and the strengthening of the airframes with strategic carbon fiber look very promising. The new color schemes could really improve the EF line...if there was one nick in the EF bubble of awesomeness, it would be some of their color schemes. The EF Extra has an awesome color scheme...the Edge...not so much...IMHO.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Hopefully this will work out and they can use their buying power to source better deals and lower prices a bit. I highly doubt that will happen but it would be nice lol.

blaiss

30cc
I am wondering how Extreme Flight and 3DHS, as competing brands, will work because they both have very similar offerings. Will one eventually fold into the other? Will one be a premium brand and the other an economy brand? Will one offer larger sizes and the other smaller?

I'm excited myself, I like 3d mainly but do enjoy and have a few scale birds. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a scale bird built strong and light like a 3d bird. Most scale birds I've had are pretty hefty in the build. I think and hope this is going to be great. I'm hoping for the best, and my last 3dhs plane purchase was a few years back and the service was top notch. So it hasn't always been bad, having said that, I personally prefer quality customer service over quality in the product I buy. Customer service should be #1 in any business model.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I am wondering how Extreme Flight and 3DHS, as competing brands, will work because they both have very similar offerings. Will one eventually fold into the other? Will one be a premium brand and the other an economy brand? Will one offer larger sizes and the other smaller?

All good questions! Only time will tell!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm excited myself, I like 3d mainly but do enjoy and have a few scale birds. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a scale bird built strong and light like a 3d bird. Most scale birds I've had are pretty hefty in the build. I think and hope this is going to be great. I'm hoping for the best, and my last 3dhs plane purchase was a few years back and the service was top notch. So it hasn't always been bad, having said that, I personally prefer quality customer service over quality in the product I buy. Customer service should be #1 in any business model.

+10000

DuaneV

30cc
Hate to say it guys but sending out a negative email blast to get clicks is not cool. This has helped me to decide what RC sites I will use.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hate to say it guys but sending out a negative email blast to get clicks is not cool. This has helped me to decide what RC sites I will use.

Not sure what part of the newsletter was negative. or not cool. It was simply a question.... But I respect your opinion and wish ya well on the other sites. If you see me at an event come say Hi and fly some planes together! :)

EF and 3DHS announced the merger this morning and are now selling Warbirds, Park Fliers, Racing Planes, ESC and Electric Motors etc... Will all of these new ventures and time required to build them mean customer service, products will suffer even more or get better? Join the discussion here!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
... I personally prefer quality customer service over quality in the product I buy. Customer service should be #1 in any business model.

I deal with this everyday in my job. I ask business leaders how they are perceived by their customers. You would be amazed at the blank stares I get. Then I ask if they have ever surveyed their customers. They reply with "What questions should I ask?"

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I deal with this everyday in my job. I ask business leaders how they are perceived by their customers. You would be amazed at the blank stares I get. Then I ask if they have ever surveyed their customers. They reply with "What questions should I ask?"

I know exactly what you mean.