• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

Yowzilla

50cc
I just used large washers and needed to cut down two...You can kind of see in the pic below.

This is what I ended up with from Craig [MENTION=24]cmala[/MENTION]
IMG_4337.jpgIMG_4189.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8r RC

50cc
Did anyone have problems lining up their cowl? I tried mounting it up the other night and couldn't get the holes to line up between the two halves.

I sent an e-mail to 3DHS Tues night. Still haven't heard back from them.

Attachments

• DSC02715.JPG
    DSC02715.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 306
  • DSC02716.JPG
    DSC02716.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 291

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yes, I had alignment problems with the cowls on both of the 92 Edges I've owned. Both times the issue was related to poor cowl ring installation and/or alignment at the factory.

During a phone call with Noll from 3dhs on a separate topic, I mentioned this issue, and he said, "mine is the same way" and it wasn't discussed further.

I suspect both planes I've owned were from the same production run, and I hope it's something they can improve on in the future.

Av8r RC

50cc
What did you do to fix it? Just shim it?

Oh BTW, tracked your prop and it shows to be delivered. Way To Go USPS, only 3 days late:rolleyes:

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Your easiest and quickest fix would to be shim it like everyone else has or to cut the ring loose where needed and glass and glue correctly.

Yowzilla

50cc
IMG_4336.jpg

check out the used pop sickle sticks on the right side. This got me within 90%...

I think 3DHS needs to list pop sickle sticks in required hardware to complete the build...

THE DLE-60 twin performance and weight don't seem to lend itself well to 3D. I have seen people using 22" props on them in the forums and they don't seem to match the performance of the DLE-55. 1.9 kilos versus 1.5 kilos with close to the same rated horsepower.

I love twins. I have been using a PTE-72 and plan on picking up a DA-70 in a few weeks at WRAM, but the DLE-60 just does not seem like a good return on $550.

There is a video floating out there with this motor on a Aeroworks 85cc Extra 260.

THE DLE-60 twin performance and weight don't seem to lend itself well to 3D. I have seen people using 22" props on them in the forums and they don't seem to match the performance of the DLE-55. 1.9 kilos versus 1.5 kilos with close to the same rated horsepower.

I love twins. I have been using a PTE-72 and plan on picking up a DA-70 in a few weeks at WRAM, but the DLE-60 just does not seem like a good return on $550.

There is a video floating out there with this motor on a Aeroworks 85cc Extra 260.

Thanks Enterprise with the feedback. From what I've been reading the DLE55, GP61, DA60 and DA70 seem to be a better choice for this airframe.