• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

dskuro95

100cc
2013-05-02 16.34.49 (2).jpg2013-05-02 14.50.50 (1).jpg Thanks Gary for the awesome vinyl! I actually took the all white 3drcforums.com vinyl and I took one of the red planes I had and made it llook like the red and white 3drcforums.com one you made me! Extremely happy!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had another dead stick on my 87" today. Was holding a hover about 50' high, loving how well it locks in. All of a sudden, the plane falls tail fist about 20'!
I got the power on, and she climbs out, once I leveled out and backed down on the gas a little, the engine died. I nosed her over and brought her down for a deadstick greaser landing. It was pretty nice if I may say so...
Anyway, after landing, I check the tank and it was half full. Figuring it must have been a bubble in the fuel line or something, I tried in vain to start her again for 10 minutes. Humberto suggested I look at the throttle servo.
When I did, this is what I found;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367788560.695066.jpg

Should be an easy fix. Glad I was in a position to land. :)

Got some more cool pics of the 87" Today:
DSCF9004.jpgDSCF9006.jpgDSCF9008.jpgDSCF9005.jpg

Manta

70cc twin V2
WHEW! Glad you got her down ok.. And also glad you found the problem and it is an easy fix.

SnowDog

wow...it took me a minute to see it in the throttle servo pic...yikes!!!!
Nice save...how long did it take for the adrenaline to fade after you landed! ;)
really glad you got that beauty down without injury!