• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60" Yak-55

mazjag

50cc
I love the Velox, but its a considerably larger plane than the Yak even with the 10" wingspan.. Mine seemed down on power until I reset my ESC end points again yesterday and picked some power up. Maybe I need the motrolfy instead of the hacker...It has decent power, but not insane and it shows its mass at times and you can get it slowed down and it looks like its gonna fall out of the sky.. Its more of a momentum plane....Its pretty floaty like a slick too....The mass helps at time as it tumbles great and does good pop tops...Pretty damn sturdy as well.....

mazjag

50cc
I just don`t like EF as much as 3dhs even though they are like 25 miles from my house and I don`t pay shipping...They do fly great but I like the way 3DHS does there landing gear mount over a EF.. Plus a lot of EF planes have a huge canopy. Good luck with the EF Yak...you`ll like the 4016T motor...It rips...

I just don`t like EF as much as 3dhs even though they are like 25 miles from my house and I don`t pay shipping...They do fly great but I like the way 3DHS does there landing gear mount over a EF.. Plus a lot of EF planes have a huge canopy. Good luck with the EF Yak...you`ll like the 4016T motor...It rips...

+1 on the LG box. I also love being able to join my own elevator halves.

Thanks a lot for the report. I just now got mine together and I have a Rx pack mounted by the rudder servo. I know no one uses a separate pack on these planes, but that was the only way I got a neutral CG without gluing stuff to the plane.
Wonder if this one might benefit with a 2650mAh and even ≈ 25-30C.

mazjag

50cc
Yeah, adding a RX pack on a 60" is odd. I normally don`t like to add weight and never needed to on any other 3dhs planes , but it will be fine...Guys were having to add weight to a EF 64" MXS for the same thing...nose heavy..Tweak on yours a bit 3Drew and get back to us.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2

I am putting a good old motrolfly 4315 in her:cool:. I might still get a 60'' yak 55 one day when I crash one of my 60''ers. Love the looks of a 55. However I have had several quality issues with my 3dhs planes as of late and the CS is dropping at 3dhs,

Suds

50cc
[MENTION=421]mazjag[/MENTION], [MENTION=2237]3Drew[/MENTION]
Out of curiosity where did your AUW end up on your respective Yaks?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Best setup avail IMHO considering performance & price:

Motrolfly 4315 - wound for 6s or 4s depending on what you want.
Gecko 85A ESC w/ 8A UBEC
Hitec HS-7245MH servos