• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60" Yak-55

gyro

GSN Contributor
+1, though 3dhs 60'' birds are setup around a 4-cell pack. so you would want the 714kv wind. I am going to try one of those Geckos next time I need an esc.

Yes.... BUT... They work just fine on a 6s3300. Check out Brian's flight on 6s3300:
[video=youtube_share;C0Btjjeoing]http://youtu.be/C0Btjjeoing[/video]

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Not sure about the edge, but I know the 57'' extra battery tray is fairly weak. I am certain it would not support the extra weight of a 6-cell pack. I am hoping they are improving the motorbox and battery tray on the 60'' yak.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Not sure about the edge, but I know the 57'' extra battery tray is fairly weak. I am certain it would not support the extra weight of a 6-cell pack. I am hoping they are improving the motorbox and battery tray on the 60'' yak.

Good point. I hadn't factored that in.

I've also begun reinforcing the battery trays of my electrics so that's a possible solution.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Would hs 7954sh servos be to much? Also, would this plane be better on 4s or 6s?

Yes, they're too much, and way to big.
You'd need mini size servos, and the Hitec HS-7245MH are about the best all around that are available.

6s is more efficient, and can produce a little more power (watts) at the same or lower motor temps.

[MENTION=2684]AMO FOCO[/MENTION], I use 35-40C with no problems. I usually fly 6 minutes and batteries are just warm to the touch. I don't measure actual temp.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Would hs 7954sh servos be to much? Also, would this plane be better on 4s or 6s?

7954's are too big, but mks and bk servos have some servos that are absolutely killer in this size range(I'm going with bk's for my 57, they have 147 oz torque, .03s). Right now I'm still trying to work out what I want for a power set up, because it's too much power in my opinion on 6s on the torque motor, I'll be going either 4s on the hacker a40-10s or the motrofly(don't know the model #)

I run the BKs in my 60 laser. Cody runs a RJX servo that is slightly slower (like .06) and has more torque and seems to hold up better to being used in a airplane. They are all around the $100 price point. They also weight .5 ounces more each. I like 7245MHs and I will probably use these next time I do up a 60" plane.

You can never have enough power. Motrolfly 4315-480 is apparently the way to go.