• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

Got my busted up Edge back in the air today. Instead of trying to mess with cutting out the joiner and replacing it, I just spent the $30 and ordered a new elevator. Money well spent. The rocket is flying again!!!

joshgluck

100cc
So had the edge out today and only got one flight on it due to wind. I did notice though that I may have messed up the pull pull on this one as it seems to have really loosened up. What's the best way to fix it? Are there any other options besides the crimps on the ends to secure the cable?

gyro

GSN Contributor
So had the edge out today and only got one flight on it due to wind. I did notice though that I may have messed up the pull pull on this one as it seems to have really loosened up. What's the best way to fix it? Are there any other options besides the crimps on the ends to secure the cable?

Have you tightened the wire holders (not proper name) that screw into the ball links?

njswede

150cc
Does anyone know what covering to use for the yellow Edge? Ultracote Bright Yellow, I assume, but I want to be sure before I order a roll.

joshgluck

100cc
Have you tightened the wire holders (not proper name) that screw into the ball links?

I did when I was out with Pontus and Tim yesterday, the PULL/PULL seems to be much better. My last flight after landing, I noticed that the left aileron was flapping around all alone as the servo arm had come off. I had ordered the Dubro HDs and just hadn't swapped them in yet. I think once I replaced the arms, I am going to trim it and see what happens. I did notice that the CG might also be a bit off. It was pulling to gear in KE yesterday so once I landed I did a quick check. When balancing on the wing tube, it goes tail down with a 6s 3300mah pack. It still was going to tail with a 4400mah in it. What is the correct balance point? I will need to pull the cowl to install some more velcro further up. Anyone else had issue with getting the battery up into the cowl on 6s with the Motrofly?

Pontus - much luck with the repairs!!

njswede

150cc
Roughly neutral on the wing tube works fine for me. The repairs are progressing well. It will fly again in a week or so. Need to order a new motor.

zmonster97

Roughly neutral on the wing tube works fine for me. The repairs are progressing well. It will fly again in a week or so. Need to order a new motor.

What happened to your 58?

Sadly, mine is down too right now.:( I hit LVC on a rolling harrier landing yesterday. Luckily, I got it flattened out right side up before it hit. It hit right on the landing gear and ripped it out.