• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 48" EPP Extra

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just my opinion out of the 2 omegas and the 3 motrolflys i have in the same size (130's and 2815) i much prefer the motrolflys. Unless some kinda new tech of motors come out, like a nuke powered motor LOL. It will be hard to get me to switch to a different brand

John, did you run both motors on the same props for comparison? Which props did you use by the way?

wedoitall

John, did you run both motors on the same props for comparison? Which props did you use by the way?

13/6.5 and 14/7 for post stall the Omega was fine but overall the 2815/950 i liked better. Not saying i didnt like the omega. But i just really like the motrolflys. Seems like they are built just abit better than other brands ive flown.

But i havent flown any HK motors bahahahahhh

Just unboxed mine and started assembly. I noticed that they changed the way the tail wheel mounts into the rudder. They are using a ply bracket to tie it into the fuse rather than just sandwiching it between two pieces of ply in the rudder. Good improvement because I tore several CA hinges in the rudder doing harrier landings on the first design because the rudder was not tied into anything real solid. Hopefully this solves that problem!

1st Rudder Design vs. 2nd Design (1).jpg1st Rudder Design vs. 2nd Design (2).jpg1st Rudder Design vs. 2nd Design (3).JPG

1st Design vs. Second Design Photos

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I wanted everyone to see this sucker..... nice job Juice!

[video=youtube;0S1YXVDLA2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S1YXVDLA2Q[/video]

Anyone else noticed a weak spot in the fuse at the rear of the canopy hatch? I keep cracking the EPP skin in that area and when the skin cracks the tail section flexes.

maxx4wd

50cc
Anyone else noticed a weak spot in the fuse at the rear of the canopy hatch? I keep cracking the EPP skin in that area and when the skin cracks the tail section flexes.

Yes and the elevator needs additional flat carbon if you do anything other than super slow and low - even then the epp is limited - but still awesome for epp/Depron mix

Yep still a backyard favorite for me. i was just wondering if anyone else had that issue. I haven't noticed the elevator flex on my new one. My first one had it pretty bad but I fixed it by laminating the tail with packing tape. Worked pretty good, I used some spray adhesive on the elevator first to tack it up so the tape would stick better.