• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 42" slick

joshgluck

100cc
So another 4 packs on it this morning. I really need to do better with a timer or installing the tm1000 as I ran out of juice on one flight, luckily I had room and was landing anyway. Wound up just nosing it over a little harder than I would have liked. Cracked the cowl a little while I was changing batteries with my big hands, whoops.

Only issue I'm having is the rudder hs-65mg seems to be really slow compared to ailerons and elevator. Also after doing a few inverted flat spins, yeah they were on purpose ;) I seemed to have had a whole lot of left rudder when running into a vertical up line. Going to check the pull pull cable and setup to make sure it's not the issue. Didn't have time at the field as it was on the last pack and when I was coming in to land ans flew the pattern, it seemed to be responding normally.

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dplank

70cc twin V2
So another 4 packs on it this morning. I really need to do better with a timer or installing the tm1000 as I ran out of juice on one flight, luckily I had room and was landing anyway. Wound up just nosing it over a little harder than I would have liked. Cracked the cowl a little while I was changing batteries with my big hands, whoops.

Only issue I'm having is the rudder hs-65mg seems to be really slow compared to ailerons and elevator. Also after doing a few inverted flat spins, yeah they were on purpose ;) I seemed to have had a whole lot of left rudder when running into a vertical up line. Going to check the pull pull cable and setup to make sure it's not the issue. Didn't have time at the field as it was on the last pack and when I was coming in to land ans flew the pattern, it seemed to be responding normally.

Any advice?

Tighten up the cables. Are you running them on 6 volts? They should be fine at 5.5v I just prefer 6v.

rcl_al

New to GSN!
Quick question... I thrashed my buck huck and trying to decide if I should wait on them to come back in stock (whenever that is) or get one of these which will let me use all the gear I have now and get flying again sooner. Anybody flown both and have any advice??

gyro

GSN Contributor
Quick question... I thrashed my buck huck and trying to decide if I should wait on them to come back in stock (whenever that is) or get one of these which will let me use all the gear I have now and get flying again sooner. Anybody flown both and have any advice??

Good question. I had both, and found that the 42" Slick flew more like the bigger slicks (my 71 and 89) than the Buck Huck flew like my 58 or 74. So yes, I'd suggest getting the 42" Slick, as it will also set you up for flying your next bigger plane.

check out this cool video of the little 42" Slicks tearing it up in the wind:
[video=youtube;nPCDElmG37A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPCDElmG37A[/video]

rcl_al

New to GSN!
Thanks for the info! Other then the motor I think i can reuse everything else once I make sure it didn't suffer any damage. Already had 65s all the way around and a 40 amp esc in the edge so I guess all i need to do is hit pre-order...