Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Printing General Discussion

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by AKNick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Thanks. The one tab wonder is a little off center so I went to see how it did with two, over all I do think four tabs is overkill as well.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Actually on version 5 now.
    Rounded corners, made it a three tab instead of a four tab. Made my lettering actually visible now lol.
    I may lower the towers again and the height of the strap support so it fits tighter. One could add a thin piece of Velcro under it or even hot glue it in place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhal22, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Don’t mess with perfection. It is now perfect like it

AKNick likes this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Wrong. Version.... 10 is almost perfect. Holy smokes I keep tweaking and printing like a mad scientist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the edits was to make a shelf for the edges of the ultra IBEC to provide clearance for the resin and to keep it more secure.

[​IMG]

I’ll add more pics, but I am now pleased with this design. Might mass produce and see if I can sell these things for others to enjoy.

dhal22, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Let’s us know what you decide. It looks like you have the final design. if you look back at the first one it sure has come a long way. Like they say Rome was not built in a Day.

AKNick likes this.
  6. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

great stuff

AKNick likes this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Redesigned the Futaba R7014SB tray. The original was too boxy, designed for foam padding... now it’s a snug fit, servo style grommets and sleeves. Now I am thinking about raising the side center posts to act like clips to retain the Rx in place of a strap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I would stick with the straps I belive it will allow the the receiver to be little bit more isolated from vibration than hard clips.

9. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Thinking I may add a slot on one side of the trays strap recess so I can glue in a piece of double backed Velcro and then I can wrap it around itself while tugging. OR maybe just glue the Velcro to the tray itself? Now that I'm writing this... maybe I could create a flat to use a small screw to hold it in place. What do you guys think? The screw is sounding like a good user friendly idea.... now thinking a slot with a recess for a small servo screw :fist_pump: THEN I could tug on it, and wrap it around on itself. :applause: I may have answered my own question.

I also discovered that thin CA leaves a white haze when it dries on PLA, kinda nasty looking actually. doesn't rub off easily, and not all the way I'm finding. just learning as I go!