• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D HobbyShop 58" Edge 540 repair log

njswede

150cc
I had a magnet come loose in the motor causing it to seize up. Too low, too slow and not fast enough reactions on this old pilot. Should receive the Ultracote tomorrow so I can finish it!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I had a magnet come loose in the motor causing it to seize up. Too low, too slow and not fast enough reactions on this old pilot. Should receive the Ultracote tomorrow so I can finish it!

Again, sorry to see your edge beat up, but the good news is that you've moved into the motrolfly motor, which is just awesome on this plane... (as you know from flying mine)

-G

SnowDog

Those stringers on the bottom of the forward section are problematic for me...since I rest the fuselage on PVC pipes, this area just forward of the LG is the natural place for it to rest. When I placed the fuselage wrong on the rack, these stringers cracked...the best place to rest the front of the fuselage is directly on former F1 where the cowl overlaps. Unfortunately, it is impossible to reach that area to repair the stringers without removing some covering! So for now, the stringers are cracked, and I'll just leave them that way. When I eventually get into that area, I will reinforce the bottom stringers with CF. You might want to consider doing that now before you put the covering back on.

njswede

150cc
Done! I'm not going to show you a closeup of the covering job, because it's kind of sucky. Yeah, I suck at covering! But here she is! Back from the kingdom of Hades!

IMAG0861.jpgIMAG0864.jpg