• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D GRAVEYARD (Post pics of the mangled old bones that used to be your Airplane!)

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Here's mine with a unusual CC bec 10amp failure

View attachment 20442

As Frank Barone says- "Holy Crap"! That stinks man. I will think of ya every time I fly mine. I was out with mine today on skis. Really sorry. You have to get it flying again.
I nearly had a repeat failure on a remaidened 60" extra list with a bad solder joint. Found the bad joint on second preflight! That would have pissed me off- two losses for the same reason. Fortunately not this time. Have to get some flux I guess.
Keep us pistes on the rebuild.

wedoitall

As Frank Barone says- "Holy Crap"! That stinks man. I will think of ya every time I fly mine. I was out with mine today on skis. Really sorry. You have to get it flying again.
I nearly had a repeat failure on a remaidened 60" extra list with a bad solder joint. Found the bad joint on second preflight! That would have pissed me off- two losses for the same reason. Fortunately not this time. Have to get some flux I guess.
Keep us pistes on the rebuild.

Ha I built another Laser and crashed it yesterday . This time motor locked up due to a Esc. It's already repaired RTF again . The techniques it Scott Stoops book and a slip saved me from serious repairs .

SnowDog

Ha I built another Laser and crashed it yesterday . This time motor locked up due to a Esc. It's already repaired RTF again . The techniques it Scott Stoops book and a slip saved me from serious repairs .

"Houston....we DEFINITELY have a problem"

:facepalm: :facepalm:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador

Geesh, don't buy any appliances this month, you're not having good luck with electronic components!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead stick! Put it into a blender with low idle. Not high enough to recover. My fault.lol uploadfromtaptalk1393180720165.jpg