• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30 to 50 CC Battery Charger Equipment Recomendations

Scottoverland

New to GSN!
No electric planes for me. I only fly 30 to 55 cc gas set-ups using 2 Lipo or Life 2500 or 3000 mah 2 cells. Hook it all up to power expanders and life is good.

My old Common Sense ACDC-6 charger has dropped the big one so I need a replacement that's of good quality with out all the fast charge, multiple battery, high power, I don't need.

What charger would you recommend to a humble gas flyer in my position?

PS love the site, my first post.

Overland

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I personally have the Hitec X4 AC and love it. It is around $200 and will do what you need.

Look at the iCharger 206. You can hook up a paraboard, and charge multi packs of the same capacity and voltage at the same time.

http://www.buddyrc.com/icharger-206b.html

http://www.buddyrc.com/paraboard-v2-xh-t.html (Just an example) But this would work well with your batteries that have the Deans Ultra connectored batteries, provided that you have them. They also have EC5 and etc... Feel free to browse the site.

I own an iCharger 3010B and the 406Duo. I do alot of electric flying, so I felt the need to go with a Duo charger.

Scottoverland

New to GSN!
Thank you for your input. I will review your good recommendations. One more question.. As my packs are not high out put, do you discharg packs fully charged but not used in a weeks time?

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Cellpro multi 4. WrongWay sells them. Awesome because they are cheap, simple, safe, and will charge through the balance leads.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I just bought a Hitec X1 (not the touch display model) that's got AC and DC power options. Charge connected to a 12v power source or charge at home/with a generator. Not a super high end charger as it basically uses the exact same software as some 80% of commonly available chargers out there, and it's only capable of 50 watts of power output, but it's a good all around charger- especially if all you're charging is 2 cell packs. Before that I had 2 Turnigy Accucel-6 Chargers that I still use (same exact charger, minus AC power input). iChargers flat chargers all use identical software as well. Can't go wrong with any of these recommendations.

If you're looking to charge multiple packs at the same time then it's difficult to beat the Hitec X4 charger (or all of the other exact same chargers that have been relabeled) since it can charge up to 4 packs at the same time, though each channel is infact limited to 50 watts (it's 4 50 watt chargers in one).