• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30% Pilot Carbon EDGE Build & Discussion

bruceman

50cc
I would probably be scared if I added up all the hours LOL. I started the build last November, and worked on the carbon EDGE on and off when I had time. The plane was ready to maiden before warm enough weather came in the spring. I really don't know exactly how many build hours are in it.

Beautiful job.
So trying to figure out bruceman, have you flown it yet?

On the fence about purchasing Pilot RC, Aerobees or other variaties of 30CC size planes.

bruceman

50cc
Sure have. The carbon EDGE has had an intermittent dead stick problem which turned out to be a bad ignition, but that problem will be resolved as soon as my new ignition gets here from DA. She flew at the Kennett 3D Bash, and the Carbon EDGE will be at the Tulsa 3D Bash in October. [MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] is going to put the Edge through the paces to see just how good this plane can fly. I'm honestly a little biased towards Pilot because I'm a Pilot customer Rep, Pilot aircraft are good made, well flying planes. No matter what you decide, just stay with one of the well known brands for their construction and performance and you will be fine. Pilot is somewhat limited in their selection of 30cc planes, pretty much Sbach's and Yaks. Check out Redwing RC, they have some great planes for that engine size and they have great service too.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sure have. The carbon EDGE has had an intermittent dead stick problem which turned out to be a bad ignition, but that problem will be resolved as soon as my new ignition gets here from DA. She flew at the Kennett 3D Bash, and the Carbon EDGE will be at the Tulsa 3D Bash in October. @Brian Yak Dude is going to put the Edge through the paces to see just how good this plane can fly. I'm honestly a little biased towards Pilot because I'm a Pilot customer Rep, Pilot aircraft are good made, well flying planes. No matter what you decide, just stay with one of the well known brands for their construction and performance and you will be fine. Pilot is somewhat limited in their selection of 30cc planes, pretty much Sbach's and Yaks. Check out Redwing RC, they have some great planes for that engine size and they have great service too.

You nailed it! Great advice!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Sure have. The carbon EDGE has had an intermittent dead stick problem which turned out to be a bad ignition, but that problem will be resolved as soon as my new ignition gets here from DA. She flew at the Kennett 3D Bash, and the Carbon EDGE will be at the Tulsa 3D Bash in October. [MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] is going to put the Edge through the paces to see just how good this plane can fly. I'm honestly a little biased towards Pilot because I'm a Pilot customer Rep, Pilot aircraft are good made, well flying planes. No matter what you decide, just stay with one of the well known brands for their construction and performance and you will be fine. Pilot is somewhat limited in their selection of 30cc planes, pretty much Sbach's and Yaks. Check out Redwing RC, they have some great planes for that engine size and they have great service too.

Their Extra 260 in 30cc is hot though, i am biased to :)

20140809_213945.jpg

bruceman

50cc
Pilot has the best customer service backup in the industry in terms of getting you going again after a mishap, no doubt. They also will sell you pre-cut covering on top of the free wood. That's a lot better than waiting for month's for a container that may or may not have what you need. Like I mentioned, I am a Pilot customer rep and Tony will do almost anything to insure satisfaction. That aside, We also have other opportunities like Redwing RC that also offer some great planes and great service. Stick with a tried and proven brand, consider the service available and you will be a happy camper. Buy what appeals to you! That's what makes your choice of plane and flying style unique. You have to do the homework and decide what level of airplane and customer service can I afford? If necessary, wait and save a little more to
get an airframe that you will not be sorry for buying later because it doesn't perform or you can't get service.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Pilot has the best customer service backup in the industry in terms of getting you going again after a mishap, no doubt. They also will sell you pre-cut covering on top of the free wood. That's a lot better than waiting for month's for a container that may or may not have what you need. Like I mentioned, I am a Pilot customer rep and Tony will do almost anything to insure satisfaction. That aside, We also have other opportunities like Redwing RC that also offer some great planes and great service. Stick with a tried and proven brand, consider the service available and you will be a happy camper. Buy what appeals to you! That's what makes your choice of plane and flying style unique. You have to do the homework and decide what level of airplane and customer service can I afford? If necessary, wait and save a little more to
get an airframe that you will not be sorry for buying later because it doesn't perform or you can't get service.

+1 for the above

and don't buy something just cause everyone says its awesome, buy something YOU like the look of and happy with the company that is selling it, I find even if the plane might be physically inferior to another product I will fly it more if i prefer the scheme, design and looks which in turn will improve my skills more than a "better" quality airframe that i fly once a year cause either i don't like the look or too afraid to fly it because of price.