• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30% Pilot Carbon EDGE Build & Discussion

alawson999

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=151]bruceman[/MENTION]

Based on your comments, I took a look at the site, and bought one - it arrived today.

Looks great for the build area, trying to think of a good way to secure it to my SUV roof rack for tansport to the field (inside of the SUV is full of planes)

Thanks for the reccomendation

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=151]bruceman[/MENTION]

Based on your comments, I took a look at the site, and bought one - it arrived today.

Looks great for the build area, trying to think of a good way to secure it to my SUV roof rack for tansport to the field (inside of the SUV is full of planes)

Thanks for the reccomendation

Congrats on the new plane! Hope to follow your build here if you're so inclined to do a build log? :D :D

bruceman

50cc
Hello Alawson999,

I know it works great for building, not sure about a roof mount, stay out of parking garages!
I found that over time, the two feet that get mounted to the bottom of the stand can get loose. There are two screws holding each of the feet. I put "L" brackets on the inside corners where the feet and the main lower beam attach. Now it is rock solid. I'll take a picture for you tonight and post it.

Thanks,

That's great! I'm not looking for a pilot to kill the EDGE, but we can give him so fly time, copy the current set up and let him make his changes and fly it. sound fair?
I also have another pilot, John Alexander that may show for the event, he is mike's and mines mentor. He WOWED em at Kennett, blew up a YAK wing doing it.
Bring your pilot GYRO, let's see what the EDGE will do. HOOOOOAHHHHH, TULSA HERE WE COME!!!

I would be honored to get some stick time on the plane!
Really looming forward to the event. Should be a lot of fun. Gonna be traveling up with Gryo and getting some serious flying done. Hope to see you there!

Thanks
Brian

bruceman

50cc
Hi Brian,

When I get to Tulsa the keys to the Carbon Edge are yours. This is a great opportunity to get a great pilot on the sticks to make a nice video to cap off the build thread when it's done.

I look forward to meeting you and Gyro.