• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 IMAC Worlds?

Do-rag

100cc
Doesn't look like it missed a vertical hit by much. If that was one of the big Jtecs that was a heckuva hit.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Pretty sure that was Thomas David from the UK, an unlimited pilot.... I think that is the third plane lost this week... worlds are taking a heavy toll...

ChickenBalls;14841 wrote:
attachment.php
I think this was from this morning

This was one of our 3.2m ARF kits we used to do ( we just do builders kits now). It belonged to Gerald Neel one of our team members who lent it to us to take to the worlds for the UK team. Engine was not buried, actually the mound in the far back of the picture is the engine and cowl. Tom David of the UK was the pilot and we have no defining cause of the crash and honestly it did not matter. We set Tom up with another plane so he could continue to fly. The radio gear, Engine will be sent in for service and We will replace the plane for Gerald

Crash analysis is the engine hit and continued to roll, The cross line is from the wings ( they faired pretty well) Once we removed all the pieces the crash site looked like a cross. Strange to say the least!! LOL

The picture was taken by Kevin Young:blue:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hey Frank....glad to see you made it home safe! Great meeting you and your teammates!!!

Gotta say, the IMAC Worlds was one heck of a contest. Ran like clockwork and mother nature even blessed us once the official flying actually started (after practicing in HUGE crosswinds for 2 days!)

I flew my last Intermediate flight on the final day. On to Advanced in 2 weeks!!

Frank K

New to GSN!
Thanks Earle, it was a privilege to meet you and the team! Meeting all the pilots that came from so far away was just amazing. We had a lot of fun, pretty tired by the end of it all but was still sad to pack up and head home. The organizers did an excellent job, kudos to them all. Can't say for sure I'll be heading to advanced as the 270 roller still spooks me a bit, although I did manage that double roller in the last unknowns alright. Enjoy advanced!