• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 IMAC World Championships, Muncie, Indiana: Thursday

columbo

30cc
3daviator;15053 wrote: Great pics !

Anybody know what Yak 55 that is? I like it!

Are you referring to the red and yellow Yak 55SP or the blue and yellow Yak 55m or the red, white and blue Yak 55SP?

SleepyC

150cc
If it's the Blue and Yellow, it's a fairly new company but the reports are GOOD. I'll get the scoop next week!

SleepyC;14963 wrote: AND more...

The blue N yellow one in this set of pics, 2nd and 4th rows??? If so, it's an AeroPlus 55M. My buddy has one with an old school heavy block 3W150. He put a Falcon 30x13 on it, and it actually has some go. And the airplane flys good too.

Sorry, should have specified. While they're both nice, I know the Red and Yellow one is a Comp arf.

I meant this one. Good looking airframe. Thanks Bunky, I don't know anything about Aeroplus. Sleepy, Yes, get the scoop :)

15681=10132-SEC_0108.jpg
15681=10132-SEC_0108.jpg

columbo

30cc
3daviator;15681 wrote: Sorry, should have specified. While they're both nice, I know the Red and Yellow one is a Comp arf.

I meant this one. Good looking airframe. Thanks Bunky, I don't know anything about Aeroplus. Sleepy, Yes, get the scoop :)

15681=10132-SEC_0108.jpg
15681=10132-SEC_0108.jpg

Hi Rick. I am the owner of the airframe, and it just finished flying in the Worlds IMAC competition. Finished 7th out of 24 with the plane and was within 48 points of 5th so that should tell you it is a very capable precision airframe. The mistakes were made by me, not the airframe. It is light for its size, but strong and well built with carbon fiber reinforcements in key areas. I have been flying it for 2 years with a DA 150. The plane weighs around 39-40 lbs, but it is a big plane with a 26 inch wingspan and 118 inch fuselage and presents very well in the air. I use it mostly for Precision/IMAC but it also flies 3D well. It is made by Aeroplus RC, and Limitless Aero is the primary distributor here in the U.S.. It comes with all good quality hardware and has a cannister tunnel built into the fuselage. However, I am currently using stock mufflers. Let me know if you have any other questions concerning the plane.

Greg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Great flying Greg; congratulations!

Hope you are coming to Sherman IMAC Challenge at the end of the month; it will be cool to hear about your week at the World Championships.

Rex

columbo

30cc
Hi Rex,

I am scheduled to work that weekend, but am trying very hard to find a fill in so that I can attend the Sherman contest. The Worlds was a blast. I learned a lot and met some really nice people during the week I was there. I will fill you in if I make it to Sherman.

Greg

Cool, thanks for the reply Greg and Congrats on your fine finish! That plane has really nice lines and looks like it would 3D well also. I saw a pic from the front and looks like it's got about 4+ deg's offset, probably due to such a long tail moment?

Thanks,

Rick