• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 3D Hobbyshop / Extreme Flight - TENNESSEE Fly-Low-In - FLI Event

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407423197.054239.jpg
the beans have spoken

SnowDog

That was actually an in flight failure of the wing....Kelly literally ripped the wing off this plane!
He attempted a knife edge landing but did not have enough speed...the firewall came off when the plane contacted terra firma but the wing and the wing tube parted company in glorious fashion in mid air with a resounding CRACK!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dead-Stick-Jake

I don think we met up before I had to scoot. Just made it home. Have to Goto work in a few min. :(

I had a great time and met some awesome pilots who put my ego in its place :p

And par for the course, I never leave an event with planes intact. All of them need new props and rudders LOL

Sorry I didt walk the like much and meet everyone but I'll see you all at the next one and heck, we can do it again before winter at my field if you all want to.

D

Dead-Stick-Jake

Keep the pix coming.
Oh how I wish I could get off work, I'd just make a new rudder from cardboard of I had to and come back down!!

Looking forward to the stories once everyone gets back.