• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
stangflyer;15661 wrote: What is the topic of your new thread?

This'll sound nuts, but I don't even recall now. Guess I've got 55'itis..

I was going to start something in the new posts area though. Is there a way to click that icon and start a new post?

I didn't see a way.

Mikeq

150cc
just pick a category like oil and where all the current threads are listed you should see a post new thread button at the top left of the page.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Phil Griffin;15663 wrote: This'll sound nuts, but I don't even recall now. Guess I've got 55'itis..

I was going to start something in the new posts area though. Is there a way to click that icon and start a new post?

I didn't see a way.
Decide what your topic is. For example, New Member Introductions, Beginners Lounge, RC General Discussions, Suggestion Box...etc., etc. Click on the topic of your choice for the new topic you want to post a thread for. Once you click, new page will open. Above those treads you will see: +Post New Thread

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Mikeq;15665 wrote: just pick a category like oil and where all the current threads are listed you should see a post new thread button at the top left of the page.

Ok. I think I've got it now.. Apparently one doesn't click and post directly to the "new posts", but rather we click and read there, things that were created in one of the other areas?

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Mikeq;15670 wrote: I must be infected too...new post area?

You click it, and it takes you to

A list of threads. I was attempting to post directly to this " new posts" area, but apparently that's not the way it works.

Mikeq

150cc
Phil Griffin;15672 wrote: You click it, and it takes you to

A list of threads. I was attempting to post directly to this " new posts" area, but apparently that's not the way it works.

Oh okay...got it...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I figured since today was maintenance day, I would install the canister on my VVRC 88" Slick 540. I really hated those wretched HK Pitts mufflers. Seems my DLE 55 was breaking them at the rate of one a month. I soon discovered it was not me or the DLE, but more over the less than adequate design of the muffler. Yeah, who'd of known right? LOL... That being said, I tore the plane down to do maintenance and install the canister. After removing the muffler and taking a little gander inside the exhaust port of the 55, I pleasingly noted a very nice clean engine. I have been very pleased with the Red Line oil I have been using. Now I can see the absolute proof. This motor has been on three airframes and is pushing the 8 gallon mark. It's had the Bowman ring in it since it was new. Compression is awesome and it runs like a swiss watch. Staying with Red Line....

16284=11113-20140908_104304.jpg
16284=11113-20140908_104304.jpg
16284=11114-20140908_104405.jpg
16284=11114-20140908_104405.jpg