• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
What is the trick to getting the Xcub landing gear to fit. I have wrestled with it for a couple days and scratched my head raw.
Thanks,
Gary

Seems like there are a few ways. For me, I had to elongate some of the holes in on the attaching brackets to the fuselage. It takes a lot of fiddling. I even had to bend my forward cross struts a bit to nestle into the center bracket. It worked for me... but yeah, you just gotta dive into it.

The Treetop Flyer

New to GSN!
Seems like there are a few ways. For me, I had to elongate some of the holes in on the attaching brackets to the fuselage. It takes a lot of fiddling. I even had to bend my forward cross struts a bit to nestle into the center bracket. It worked for me... but yeah, you just gotta dive into it.
Tell me this, how are you attaching the inboard sides of fore part? I'm thinking about heating and bending the legs on the part in the attachment to fit. Do you think that will work?

Attachments

• lg.JPG
    lg.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 183

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Tell me this, how are you attaching the inboard sides of fore part? I'm thinking about heating and bending the legs on the part in the attachment to fit. Do you think that will work?

I bent the piece that goes into that center section a bit. I don't remember it being that hard to bend.

I read the first two thirds of this thread @AKNick and am impressed with your simple but elegant radio install. I' new to the forum here and have had a lot of experience with 40% scale aerobatic planes but, that was 20 years ago and there were only a few 2.4 gig radios ... yes that long ago. I'm 74 now and am getting back into the hobby here in the Philippines, ( almost like being in Alaska as far as getting parts). I was drooling over this plane but there was no way to get one here for less than 1,000 bucks. Until I tripped on a local hobby shop that has one in stock and the price is right. So now facing the set up, wonder if you could tell me about your dual battery set up? are you using a dual battery gizmo, and or a BEC and forgoing an ignition battery? aside from that would love to know where you sourced the braided servo wire sheaths and 20 gauge wire, connectors etc. thanks for a super build thread! I already planned on using the multiplex wing connectors but will attempt to engineer them into a plug and play solution.