• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Are you really going to wait until spring!??!!!:cryin: I hope you can find at least a decent day to get this puppy up in the air. :too-cool:
I really hope so but right now it snowing we already have about 8 inches and it is around 20 degrees F. That to cold for me.

Good day -

Can someone please let me know if a canister will work on this plane, preferably with a DA. I questioned HH about a canister, not engine specific, and this is their reponse:

Robert,

We're unable to confirm or deny the possibility of that being something that will work. It is not something we have tested or the ability to test.
You might see if anyone else from the RC forum community has tried that and if it was successful.

This would be a great winter project, however, I really need to run a canister.

Thank you,
Robert

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything is possible depending on how much work and how much you are willing to cut and change. This is my opinion the plane was not built for a canister and it will take a lot of work to get it in. Also remember the plane is building a little nose heavy with the larger gas engines so a canister will just add to that problem.
Why do you need a canister. Is it is for the noise. If so if it were me I would determine the header and the drop then measure everything and have JTec build a muffler that fits the opening in the fuselage.

Everything is possible depending on how much work and how much you are willing to cut and change. This is my opinion the plane was not built for a canister and it will take a lot of work to get it in. Also remember the plane is building a little nose heavy with the larger gas engines so a canister will just add to that problem.
Why do you need a canister. Is it is for the noise. If so if it were me I would determine the header and the drop then measure everything and have JTec build a muffler that fits the opening in the fuselage.

Snoopy1 - Thank you for the reply. I need a canister for my flying field. I'm not sure why HH didn't just tell me when I emailed them. I love the plane, just not sure yet if I want to go thru all that work. I've had my eyes on some other planes canister ready. Thanks again.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well going make a set of wing bags for the plane just not sure where to do it. And after some difficulties I have managed to figure out how to program a kill switch for the electrical motor, just have to set the final trim but that will be set at the field some time from now.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Whose using the airtops? How rigid is the material they use? Is there much give to them?

Not sure if anyone has them here. 8" AirTop Wheels, They appear to be similar in weight like my 8.75" PR's, which are similar to 6" Dubros. I bet they are... similar in function. LOL.

The Treetop Flyer

New to GSN!
I haven't flown my Timber w/Airtops yet. However the 8.5 Air Tops seem to be a good tire. A bit heavy but well built. If you can find (Fastrax 8mm X 12mm X 4mm Bearing FTBB23) they will fit the axel with a little shaving it down to <8mm . Or do like I did and find some 8mm round stock/bar and cut to length with 8mm collars on the outside.