• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

100cc coming soon?

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I noticed on the RedwingRC web site a spot for 100cc planes and an MSXR listed (I'm guessing future plans?) :popcorn:
Also, any :quoties:"combo deals" anticipated featuring Desert Aircraft engines? :popcorn:

AKfreak

150cc
Joe Smith is developing a 100cc extra for them. I know if Joe is involved, it will be Perfect before it reaches the market. This also means the price will be a little less but close to EF, and 3DHS planes. I say $900-$1000. We need to welcome RWRC to the premium end of the aircraft world.

I just know they will do extremely well because they are well liked, give great service, and have a huge following. Combine that with all of the disgruntled 3DHS customers and Joe Smith fans you have a recipe for HUGE success, and I say its extremely well deserved success. Tim and his family work hard to do everything right.. The future is bright at RedWing RC :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
AKFreak - you are pretty accurate in your assessment of the develpment and timeline. We are hoping for early spring, maybe even LATE winter, but Joe is VERY concerned with it being just right and NOT being rushed. that is one thing he was very happy to hear about our company is that we do and are willing to make 2, or 3 prototypes BEFORE committing to a batch of the plane.

Thank you for the compliments also. I am pleased with the direction we are going.

AKfreak

150cc
early spring.. Wow! that would be an amazing achievement. Three prototypes in 3-4 months. Heck I have been working on my first prototype and it is finally getting built and shipped to me in Decmeber. Its been 6 months+. Your factory is dialed in and in rapid prototype mode. That is amazing. I so wish I could be in a situation like that where my designs could turn around that quickly.

For me the hardest part is the language barrier. The translator takes what I say and what comes back is much different than what I wanted. It took me 5 versions to get the blueprints to resemble what my original design and vision was. I even made a video and posted it to a private YouTube account to explain with pictures, and drawing software what I wanted. The video was blocked from China, DOH... This is why you are Redwing and I am just an enthusiast with a dream of building and flying my own designs. Sorry to get off on a tangent here ;) I just kind of freaked out when you outlined the time frame for 3 prototypes. I cant wait to see what you guys do, I know it will be Sweet!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes we have been working with them for 5 years now. So we have built a VERY good relationship and our main contact there luckily has learned English quite well!

We had this one ready to go for the most part. As soon as Joe came on board we made a few minor revisions and are a go with it. We think it will be pretty close. SO hopefully only 1 more will be necessary. If so then Spring is realistic. BUT that may be optimistic right now! :)

Stay tuned though

AKfreak

150cc
I cant wait to see it. You guys are great folks and deserve to shine. I hope your new model takes the RC world by storm!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Heather may kill me for posting this since she was just in warehouse dress, but here is the prototype. On it's way to visit Mr. Joe Smith at Efest!

Looks SWEET!

10898008_10152993753614246_6631061204315015646_n.jpg