• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! What size tank for 50cc Yak54

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't believe this is Viton, but a custom proprietary fluoro-elastomer line as it is stated on the package. Viton is trademarked. It is probably good line yet I would not hesitate to pay the extra and stick with Viton.
If I am not mistaken fluoro- elastomer is Viton. Viton is just a trade name for the the same thing. There are several derivatives of the product and I belive this is one.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Can this be purchased in longer lengths other than 2 feet?
Yes you can get in two sizes and the package I got had 12 feet in it.
Don’t be shocked this stuff is expensive but it works I believe it is about the same price as Viton. The only thing this stuff is sized for us (ID and OD.) and is a little more flexible.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
If I am not mistaken fluoro- elastomer is Viton. Viton is just a trade name for the the same thing. There are several derivatives of the product and I belive this is one.
From what I have read on the subject, Viton is a registered trademark from Dupont, but fluoroelastomer is an FKM designation (basically a title of something or process).I am sure the Sullivan fuel line is fine. I am just indicating my preference to be Viton.

I can be totally wrong about my understanding of this. I think I read sometime back when researching this that there are many fluoroelastomer variations and any company can perform that process.

See this article for more information on FKM fluoroelastomer designation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroelastomer

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
From what I have read on the subject, Viton is a registered trademark from Dupont, but fluoroelastomer is an FKM designation (basically a title of something or process).I am sure the Sullivan fuel line is fine. I am just indicating my preference to be Viton.

I can be totally wrong about my understanding of this. I think I read sometime back when researching this that there are many fluoroelastomer variations and any company can perform that process.

See this article for more information on FKM fluoroelastomer designation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroelastomer
No I agree with you. Please note this is just a discussion and basically to end up with products that we can use.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
No I agree with you. Please note this is just a discussion and basically to end up with products that we can use.
Agreed. We try to help each other and make the whole process best as possible and one great thing is that we do have options. Be a pretty dull world if there were only one flavor of ice cream :D.

There is a guy on e-bay called hobby E mart and that is all he sells it plane parts for every thing under the sun he has it. And if he does not have it some one else will but we need to know the brand name.