• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

TonyHallo

150cc
Don't sure what the problem is? Looks like you need to unsolder the old and solder on the new? You use solder wick to remove the old solder, just lay the wick on the solder joint and heat the back with an iron and it sucks the old solder right up, might take a second shot with clean wick to remove the solder from one connection.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
First nice day and I pulled my Skybolt out for a couple of flights. Well it needs a new battery so busy building a new A123 pack for it. Just need to get the pack installed and we will ready to go flying.
CB770FA3-BE90-4B21-B18F-13779F3B801C.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok I have general question to all you technical guys. I have seen this done both ways and I can see an argument for either one. Ok let me try to explain.
For example if you are bolting a muffler to an engine.
1. Do you place the lock washer on the bolt and then install the bolt. OR
2. Do you place the lock washer on the bolt and then a flat washer on the bolt and then install bolt.

Which way is correct and why.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok I have general question to all you technical guys. I have seen this done both ways and I can see an argument for either one. Ok let me try to explain.
For example if you are bolting a muffler to an engine.
1. Do you place the lock washer on the bolt and then install the bolt. OR
2. Do you place the lock washer on the bolt and then a flat washer on the bolt and then install bolt.

Which way is correct and why.
I just use a lock washer but I put Ultra Copper on the threads. Acts like Loctite. Never had one come loose.