• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks good, do not see why you are hesitant the geometry looks sound and knowing you all the components will be bulletproof . It is not a 3D machine and or a racing plane, being pushed to the limits. Go for it
Only one question is do not overpowering the setup. If you block the top aileron all the mechanisms must be able to hold the servo back without failure. It is better if you going to fast or whatever that the ailerons do not reach there full deflection but as the load diminishes the deflection increase as required. Than have a very powerful servo but causes part failure which could be detrimental.

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
Before I start cutting up carbon and the such I ran a full mocked up test. Everything is in the proper angles and works well with even movement throughout the travel. Not real happy with the torque so will look into stronger servos in the same size, I have no doubt these servos will work but a little more juice won't hurt anything.

I’m surprised to see the slave arm so far out from the center pivot. But glad to see all works well.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks good, do not see why you are hesitant the geometry looks sound and knowing you all the components will be bulletproof . It is not a 3D machine and or a racing plane, being pushed to the limits. Go for it
Only one question is do not overpowering the setup. If you block the top aileron all the mechanisms must be able to hold the servo back without failure. It is better if you going to fast or whatever that the ailerons do not reach there full deflection but as the load diminishes the deflection increase as required. Than have a very powerful servo but causes part failure which could be detrimental.
I know exactly what you mean as I preach "what do you want as your weak link". In this set up you may very well have a point as everything else will have to be extremely strong just to work so the servo would have to be the weak point. But, I initially bought these servos planning on putting one on each aileron so they are only 200oz. and felt very weak at the t/e of the aileron on the test.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I’m surprised to see the slave arm so far out from the center pivot. But glad to see all works well.
Unfortunately it has to be that far in or the whole t/e would have to be cut back, not good. But fortunately on this particular full scale airframe they are pretty close to where I'll have them, maybe for they same reasons.