• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sweet Skills with KE Spin

Kris...

30cc
50 degrees should be plenty.

I have found that the entry technique that you described is the hardest one to get right everytime. Usually the reason the plane falls out of it is because you are not using enough left aileron.

On the 42 you can use full rudder, full down elev. and a little left aileron and it should work everytime. On the 47shp, don't use any rudder. Just use a tad bit of left aileron and full down elevator.

Here is another technique for entering the manuever. This entry uses the airplanes momentum in order to force it into the manuever. I have found it to be a lot more consistent.

2:05 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h17CnNIFyI

Cool ! Are you doing weeble wobbles then back to KE spin at 2:05 ?

wedoitall

Don't be scurrrred! The planes can handle it just fine, it usually the motor bearings that I've had trouble with!

ah! thats probably what happened to my Omega motor. i did a couple KE spins about 30 seconds before it locked up on me. i had no idea. guess i need to back off the throttle alil more.

but back to KE spins, i would like to have a couple differnet entry methods. i do my with the hammer method. would like have a couple options to blend it in with others.