• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

question about filming....

DO not know if i am at the correct location for this thread, and please help me move it, if it should go somewhere else.

I am needing help using my video camera and filming moving airplanes in the sky.

I got a great deal of advice from Jim Smith, whom has helped me take it to the next level.

I am using a Canon Vixia HD HFG10 camera.

what i have done so far is switched the camera to "M" on the outside of the right had side of the video camera. options are "AUTO-M- Cinema"

i put it on M for manual.

but this alone did absolutely nothing. When i would film, the camera would auto-focus during flight, multiple times, and would become blurry. real Blurry!!!

Til i got help from Jim Smith.

he told me to do this:

1. open up the menu in the video recorders screen

2. click on "FUNC"

3. scroll down to "autofocus" and turn it off!!

doing this helped big big time

then, still not good enough

he then told me to do this:

1. go to FUnc

2. click on white balance

3. program white balance for "Auto"

then click on

1. FUnc

2. click on "image stabilizer"

3. place on "standard". other options are "dynamic" or "off"

well now, i am happy with it, except, when i try to focus an object far away, it only will do so much....

the screen will show the distance, and once it gets passed 100 feet, it will show an "infiniti" sign, you know, the two "oo" lined in the middle.

so i am wondering, is this camera not good enough for distance, let's say, 300 feet??

SleepyC

150cc
When filming Airplanes always try to set focus to infinity, then set your shutter speed around 200 - 300 depending on cam and then white balance to the weather. infinity for focus is a must as most cameras will "Hunt" if you don't. Infinity is usually good from 15 - 20 feet until infinity which is perfect for airplane filming.

SleepyC;17994 wrote: When filming Airplanes always try to set focus to infinity, then set your shutter speed around 200 - 300 depending on cam and then white balance to the weather. infinity for focus is a must as most cameras will "Hunt" if you don't. Infinity is usually good from 15 - 20 feet until infinity which is perfect for airplane filming.

Perfect!!! thank you very much!!!