• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Giant Scale Success

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I just finished charging the flight packs on my SD Extra 260 and was quite pleased with the results. Of course I got to thinking, (as I usually do) and began wondering. (I know, scary) Have I been really lucky, have I been really blessed by the Giant Scale Watchers from above, Have I found a secret success? Do I really know what I am doing? Now I am actually really curious. First a brief history. I've been flying just a tad over 20 years. Started out with (shudder) glow.:having-a-nightmare: And made the move to gassers just shy of two years ago. I've been fairly fortunate over the years. Or maybe just overly cautious. But my 260 was truly my very first Giant Scale. Maidened this past April 8. I've not had a single issue or problem. Is that normal? Well, other than the piece of crap radio I nearly lost it to on the Maiden day. Since replacing the radio, no worries. I've been flying my 50cc'ers and my 260 all summer without any unfortunate mishaps. Now with the onset of my new H-9 Sukhoi, I am still feeling a little "green" with all this Giant Scale stuff. For the most part, I listen very carefully to all you guys that really know. And for that, I am very thankful. You guys know your "schtuff".

So posing a few questions to all you Giant Scale Guru's here. What has your successes or failures been? How has the Giant Scale realm treated you? Is there anything I need to be on the look out for? And most of all, Can it really get any better than this?

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I think it's pretty simple. I think success comes from a little bit of loctite, good quality gas/oil, clean installs, quality equipment, mixed with some routine maintenance. The only thing left to cause trouble is your thumbs or an act of God....or forgetting to charge your batteries or forgetting to fill up with gas...not saying I've done that...well maybe once