• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Attempting applying monokot over ultracote with Windex

The other cool trick is to Windex a sheet of mono kote to glass (like my workbench top). Then you can lay a design from your printer over the top, cut it all out with the new #11 blade, weed the scraps out, and use Glad Press n Seal like transfer tape to pick up the design. Then Windex it to the plane and seal with heat or solvent...

I've also known guys who do "floating seams..." Ie: 2 smaller pieces "stitched" together and applied as one big piece... Just Windex piece #1 to the glass, Windex piece #2 with the usual small (1/4" or so) overlap, then heat seal just the edge/overlap with your iron... They say the big piece goes on as one piece would. I do know to be careful with different colors and especially different brands as you want 2 pieces that react the same to the heat when you shrink it.

- Case