• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Att..bellsouth...pacbell...godaddy

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
If you have any of the service providers listed above either for your email service or web/email hosting, PLEASE BE ADVISED YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RECEIVE EMAILS FROM ME AND/OR THE WEBSITE.

Some of you may have been able to get through our registration system and are receiving emails even though you have the service with one of the above providers but a lot of people can't.

I'm trying to deal with it but these companies are huge and I'm small so getting them to stop labeling me a spammer is proving to be very difficult. This is also being addressed with the hosting company that we use for the website but so far nothing is making the situation better.

I apologize for the inconvenience but there may not be anything I can do about it short of hiring a lawyer. Dealing with these internet companies is worse than dealing with credit reporting companies.

IF YOU CAN'T REGISTER FOR THE SITE USING ONE OF THE ABOVE EMAIL PROVIDERS PLEASE USE A FREE EMAIL SERVICE SUCH AS GMAIL FOR YOUR USER ACCOUNT. SORRY!

Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
As of this morning it appears that the block has been lifted and those of you with ATT/BellSouth/PacBell email addresses should begin to see emails arriving front he site.

If anyone has registered but never received the verification email please use the Contact Us button at the bottom right corner of any page to let us know.

Thanks for your patience on this and thanks to Mustang Man for pointing me in the right direction. I should probably also call GoDaddy and apologize for reading them the riot act last week... :shame:

madmax

New to GSN!
Hi Bartman, you're still have a problem with email, it's not the providers, its a domain validation issue.

You're sending automated emails from bart@giantscalenews.com, but the server doing the sending is host.multirotorforums.com. Many email services will fast-track messages sent in this manner to round file. It looks like you added an SPF record to your dns, but the syntax is off, and its not working. Fix this and you should be GTG. I would also recommend configuring your SMTP's hostname to be on the GSN domain.

You currently have:

Code:
IN     TXT     "" "v=spf1" "a" "mx" "ip4:173.199.150.216/30" "~all" ""

To validate, it needs to be:

IN     TXT     "v=spf1 ip4:173.199.150.216/30 ~all"
Code:
It should look like this when doing a 'dig giantscalenews.com txt'
Code:
Hope this helps. MD