• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Ze-Baloo

30cc
crashed mine again after two years, was debating whether to fix it, but since I cant get another I proceeded. ready to fly this weekend. lots of carbon tow. the new 2 meter turbo electric looks interesting not foam!
That's an impressive job :D
I'll be curious about how you will redo the side windows ;-)

That's an impressive job :D
I'll be curious about how you will redo the side windows ;-)
quick and dirty, I just picked up all the pcs and CAed them back together, the front windshield was smashed on the left side, , no replacing that so I just used clear packing tape. If it flies straight and true I may make an effort to further replace the windows, but can't do much about the front windshield.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Very well done John! I would have been overwhelmed with the amount of repair work you had to go through!

Ze-Baloo

30cc
Had a bad day yesterday...
While my son was flying the timber in trainer mode, there was a radio issue that i'm investigating about.

I will have a phone call tomorrow with a guy who may be able to help me craeting at less a fuselage short kit.

Is there anybody that could take some measurements on its timber to help me if needed?
IMG_20240414_211115.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to see that. Are you going to rebuild the plane. If you ask for some dimensions we will all try to help.

For me I will help as long as I do not have to disassemble the plane to get it.

Ze-Baloo

30cc
Sorry to see that. Are you going to rebuild the plane. If you ask for some dimensions we will all try to help.

For me I will help as long as I do not have to disassemble the plane to get it.
I want to try something...
If a fuse shortkit can be done it'll be great.

My problem ist that the size of the bits of what's left from the front of the fuselage may be a problem to start creating a shortkit.

I'll have a phone call tomorrow that will help me to know what's possible and what i will need.

Thanks for your reply.

hope you picked up all the pcs, that's the most important thing. then what I did on my repair was to jigsaw puzzle it back together, dry, carefully align everything, ( wing stab, laterally and horizontally) then make new parts where required. zap it together with CA then go in with carbon tow and epoxy and strengthen everything from the inside. Wings look ok, the fuse is the easy part. just take your time jig where required. as long as the wing and stab are aligned doesn't matter what shape the fuse takes.