• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ziroli 118 B 25 engine recommendation

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
I am getting ready to build the above plane. I have everything but engines. I have read many threads on engine recommendation, but most are older. The most common engine used is either the Zenith G 38 or G45. I want to go with a small twin such as a DLE 40 or VVRC 40. What do you all think? It will be sport scale, so I plan for it to be lighter than most. Maybe 35 to 40 lbs.

kork

70cc twin V2
A pair of 35 rear exhaust is my vote. Sam Parfitt built one of these twins last winter with a pair of DA 50's(flite metal on his)but a little heavier.
Have fun on the build! post lots of pics

Several guys at our club have been using the VVRC 40 twins and are really liking them. I think there are 5 or 6 in service now with no problems. The only drawback is there is hardly any aftermarket exhaust options yet. Most of the guys are using custom welded exhaust to fit their application.