• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Xoar, Vess, and Mejzlik 18" props

I have the following props that I would like to trade (or sell):

Xoar 18x6 beechwood NIP
Vess 18x8S (used and drilled for DLE-30)
Mejzlik 18x8 (used and drilled for DLE-30)

You can see pictures here.

What I'd like to do is try a 19x7 or 20x6 to try and slow the MXS-R down a bit!

Let me know what you've got to trade, or if you just want to buy one of my props I'm OK with that too. :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have the following props that I would like to trade (or sell):

Xoar 18x6 beechwood NIP
Vess 18x8S (used and drilled for DLE-30)
Mejzlik 18x8 (used and drilled for DLE-30)

You can see pictures here.

What I'd like to do is try a 19x7 or 20x6 to try and slow the MXS-R down a bit!

Let me know what you've got to trade, or if you just want to buy one of my props I'm OK with that too. :)

Chris, I've got a 19x8 Xoar Laminated prop if you'd like to try it... Thats the prop I was using on my DLE30 until I switched to some CF props, but I've gotta prop up to a 20x8 or 19x10 since I'm hitting 9500 rpm at full throttle.

-Gary

Thanks Gary, I might take you up on that.

However, now that I think about it, what I should probably do is wait until I get the Bowman ring I just received installed, do the reed valve block mod, then see what my RPM is. To be honest, I've just been running the thing as I got it, and haven't even touched the needles or tached it! :rolleyes:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gary, I might take you up on that.

However, now that I think about it, what I should probably do is wait until I get the Bowman ring I just received installed, do the reed valve block mod, then see what my RPM is. To be honest, I've just been running the thing as I got it, and haven't even touched the needles or tached it! :rolleyes:

Well, you'll probably blow the thing up if you don't prop up after the mods and a gallon of gas. :)
I did them to mine prior to first flight, and people can't believe it's only a DLE30 when I'm flying.

Haha, good to know. I guess I should definitely wait then! :)

I run SEF 40:1 in mine, mainly due to the lack of smell (since I keep it in my house). I wonder if I'll need to go to a different fuel (oil) for break-in? I'd hate to start "yet another oil" thread though to ask. :)