• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Would love to see detailed build videos here.

I find it difficult to find detailed build videos for planes. I am also a heli pilot. At helifreak.com there is a thread titled Finless Bob's tech room. In this room you can watch Bob build almost every helicopter on the market from start to finish. Finless Bob is a brilliant heli buider and has become my mentor and a great friend. All I am saying is that I would love to see more detailed build videos for hi performance planes by pilots that really have extensive knowledge for building planes. I learn so much more from this rather than pics and text about a build.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Great idea. The difference I see is helis are a lot of screws and metal, and planes are wood and glue. Might get boring watching glue dry.:D

SleepyC

150cc
I agree with the OP, but MAN.. talk about a full time job...
If the site can increase advertising and give me more time, I'm happy to do build threads (detailed) and then when the builds are done give the planes away in a contest... BUT... we need the revenue, as much I love the hobby, I got's to keep the family fed!

BalsaDust

I agree with the OP, but MAN.. talk about a full time job...
If the site can increase advertising and give me more time, I'm happy to do build threads (detailed) and then when the builds are done give the planes away in a contest... BUT... we need the revenue, as much I love the hobby, I got's to keep the family fed!
Speaking of that how is the great planes decathlon coming along.