• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Which TH plane for my very small backyard?

Finally managed to fly my new 39' Crack Yak this week. Fantastic plane and flies just as I was hoping it would.

Only problem is that I'm too often stuck at home with the kids to progress my skills and when thy are a sleep, it's already dark since long.

So I was thinking about getting a smaller TH plane but question is which? I have a small backyard and surrounding to use but plenty of trees and other obstacles. I am looking for something that could be flown I a small space, not just hover i.e. as slow as possible but still strong enough to take a hit.

I really like the Beaver and would get one directly if my back yard was a bit larger. The Mini Yak/Pitts seems great but quite fast. I figured the Lite series would be the best compromise as relatively: small, slow and durable.

Am I on the right track? Which plane from the lite series would you recommend? Anyone knows if a Mini/Lite version of the Beaver is in the works?

AKfreak

150cc
Any of the mini would be great. But beware. a new release should take place soon. The mini pitts and yak are incredible.

Any of the mini would be great. But beware. a new release should take place soon. The mini pitts and yak are incredible.

Great news, thanks ill wait for that. Is it a new pitts and yak or addionons to the mini range? (im hoping for a mini beaver then)

Found a video on TH FB. Not a beaver but a mini with the Laser and the MXS-C common to the mini somehow. Will be interesting.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Let me suggest another possibility for your consideration.

Small does not equal slow - I own and fly both the mini yak and the mini bipe.

For my driveway flying - I prefer my inferno or my latest - clik. Both fly slowly when you choose.

I try to keep the weight down, and to that goal, find the 250 mah 2s with the 19g motor and the carbon fiber prop to work very well.

Note that a bit of wind is no problem with any of these , but all will stop being fun in close spaces if the wind is 10mph or gusty/swirling.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well [MENTION=3547]Frank_W[/MENTION] have you built and flown the MXS-C mini yet? I just finished a 30" Crack Pitts and am already considering my next TH plane! Lol I haven't even maidened it yet. I will today if weather permits!

Hi. Yes have ~30 flights so far. Flies nice but a little difficult for me. Incredibe fast and prefer the slower behaviour of my 39"yak but its all about my skills. The size is hovever very convenient and will bring it on my 1 week ski vacation next week which would never be possible with a bigger plane.