• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What radio do you use?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just do a shout out of what radio you currently use and if you like it!

I personally have been attached to my Futaba T7 2.4ghz for years now. I do need to upgrade to say a Futaba T10J or the T14SG so i can use telemetry but my T7 has been faithful for many years. I am not one that has to have the latest and greatest but I think I am way overdue! My go to plane is a Giant Scale 35% Extra 260 with 9 servos but thanks to the Smart Fly EQ6 Powerboard I am only using 7 channels with the optikill!

I am currently considering the Aurora 9X along with the Futaba's mentioned above.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
DX-8 here. No complaints - No Problems

I held a JR in my hands once don't remember which model, but man I really loved the way it felt. Just felt oh so natural and the gimbals so so smooth. I remember it seemed to have like a V shape to it somewhat. If I ever upgrade it will probably be either a DX-18, Frysky, or Jeti. Whatever it is I definitely wont go cheap, meaning quality not price.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I use a JR 11X for airplanes. It it awesome in the hands, and no need for match boxes.. DSMX is a great protocol and never had a brownout.

For multis I use a Tarania XD-9 Plus best radio system I have ever seen.It does everything and then some, plus RX's are cheap.

For my LRS stuff (433mhz) I use a Turnigy 9XR, to me its a Junk radio that does everything once you put OpenTX software on it, for $50 bucps ans $40 shipping its hard to beat for a $90 investment

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm using a Hitec Aurora 9x with Optima receivers. I have enjoyed the radio. Very easy to program and does everything.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm using a Hitec Aurora 9x with Optima receivers. I have enjoyed the radio. Very easy to program and does everything.

Same here, though I may have sort of a bias :popcorn:

I have never liked a transmitter this much, feel awesome in your hands, rock solid performance.

hone

150cc
I've even loving my Futaba 8fg. Unfortunately one of the switches has stopped working and my elevator trim is intermittent.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I've even loving my Futaba 8fg. Unfortunately one of the switches has stopped working and my elevator trim is intermittent.
[MENTION=14]hone1er[/MENTION] Ah the corrosion demon has entered your radio! I had this happen as well and posted about the fix but I just can't seem to find it! Any way this is actually a pretty easy fix. You need to take the radio apart and clean the trim connection. It's really easy and can be done with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip! i did it and it took me about 10 minutes about 18 months ago and has been rock solid since!

hone

150cc
Thanks, Mike. I'll give that a try. The radio has been collecting dust as I haven't flown in a few weeks. Maybe I'll take it out this week