• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Viton tubing

I have read about many people using Viton tubing inside their fuel tanks. Why not run Viton for all the fuel tubing in a plane, not just the clunk line?

I'm finding with the ethanol gas my tygon doesn't stay flexible very long.

-David

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I agree with that but Tygon works just fine outside of the tank. I think I bought either 5 or 10 ft of Viton 2 years ago and still have a bunch left as I use it for smoke connection to the muffler and for clunk lines. That 40 bucks per plane would add up to about 400-500 bucks for me if I were to use it every where in all my planes :)

I've also found that the fuel line that is sold at taildragger stays pretty flexible and I use that quite a bit as well outside of tanks and usually grab a few feet of it when I make an order from them.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yup. What everyone else said. Viton for clunk line only. Even if money were no object, I don't want black fuel line running everywhere. I like to be able to see the fuel moving through the system.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Oh, and if you buy the real deal Tygon, like DuBro sells, it stays flexible for a long time. You can tell the real stuff if you look close at it. It will actually say Tygon on the line in small white print.