• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

velox vs slick

I'm looking at getting a new plane. While I pefer a DLE 20 I could get another DLE 30.
I really like the size an looks of the velox, But does the Slick fly alot better.
My main issue is ifI move back out to my property my runway is only 150 fter and I have 100 ft trees 150 ft to the south and power lines a 100 ft to the north.
I'm not a real good flier but does the velox harrier land easier than the slick.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm looking at getting a new plane. While I pefer a DLE 20 I could get another DLE 30.
I really like the size an looks of the velox, But does the Slick fly alot better.
My main issue is ifI move back out to my property my runway is only 150 fter and I have 100 ft trees 150 ft to the south and power lines a 100 ft to the north.
I'm not a real good flier but does the velox harrier land easier than the slick.

They both fly great, but they both fly different. The Velox is better in harrier, hands down. It's a down low 3D hucker.
The Slick is a little better at precision and energy stuff if you ask me.

Sounds to me like you want a Velox!

SnowDog

Kerwin, if you are going to stick with the DLE-20 then get the Velox...you can't really fly a 71" Slick on a DLE-20.