• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

US Engines 35cc

Several years ago, 2002 or so, I bought a Dynaflite Super Decathlon. At the time I did not have any peers that were flying gas planes so I lacked guidance and bought a US Engines 35cc gas engine. It has been in the box and not run. I am wondering what I am in for if I try to use this engine now that I am starting to build this plane finally. I have done a couple searches for info on the engine and did not find much that was helpful.

What am I getting myself into with this engine? I have it. It's paid for. I would like to use it, if it is not going to cause me more trouble than it is worth.

Any tips or suggestions?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
It should work just fine. I just built that plane and put an EME35 on it. The instructions show exactly how to mount the engine you have.

Thanks ericb. I will go with what I got. Really looking forward to getting this going. My job has been a PIA lately making it hard to get on it, but I got a weeks vacation coming up so I should get it going.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
The engine should run fine. Don't expect it to be a powerhouse but it should be a reliable engine. You might find more information on it if you look up the Quadra 35, they are pretty much the same engine.

If it was my engine I would pull the carb and reed block (if equip) and inspect the crank and rod for any rust. Moisture in the crank case would be my biggest worry.