• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Two clunks on the same feeding line...

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Myth or true...?

Wanted to see if two clunks on the same feeding line can really work with gas engines fuel tank.
The conclusion was instant and unequivocal, you just cant use this method, cause in WILL suck air to the system through the clunk that is the closest to the exit once its not submerge.

Suds

50cc

Attachments

• clunk fins.JPG
    clunk fins.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 330
Thought that was the likely outcome...thanks for testing!
Still curious on how this would perform?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221871291297?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
While I don't have that specific clunk/felt I did pick up something very similar that used to be standard in chain saw gas tanks (see pics).......pretty much works on the same principle.

I tested the old school felt pickup pad out in a similar fashion to Taz and unfortunately what will happen is that if/when any portion of the felt is not immersed in fluid (ie gasoline) it will start 'pulling air' in along with gas......how it impacts a running gas engine I cannot say.

In the end the solution would have to be something like the Holley Hydramat, specifically designed to suck up every last drop of gasoline as long as the Hydramat is in contact with it!

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 339