• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thread"

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
This is the first time I have written on a forum, so I don't even know if I'm doing it right. I cannot find, on the Flash NG build where and when you glue the servos in. I went and bought a hot glue gun and now I don't know when to glue the sevos in. I have just attached all servo arms. Please help
Incidentally this is the build thread. If you go back to the beginning and carefully read [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION]'s notes I think your questions will likely be answered.

Btw: welcome to the community. We hope you have a good experience here. There is a wealth of information and a great group of people that just love RC :)

AKfreak

150cc
This is the first time I have written on a forum, so I don't even know if I'm doing it right. I cannot find, on the Flash NG build where and when you glue the servos in. I went and bought a hot glue gun and now I don't know when to glue the sevos in. I have just attached all servo arms. Please help
Look 3 posts above your post, it answered your question there. But basically hook up everything exactly like it will be when finished. Power up the plane and radio and slowly deflect a control surface while watching the servo. You will see the servo try to twist. Let loose of the control stick, and with the sevro centered put a dab of hot glue on a corner of the servo that bridges to the foam of the plane. Now deflect again and watch for servo movement. If it moves put a dab of hot glue at the spot it moves. Continue the process until the servo is pinned and won't move when you deflect a control surface. The idea is to use the least amount of glue possible and still hold the servo in place. The reason is, it saves weight, and makes it easy if you need to replace a servo. Hope this explains it for you, AKf

Uncle Z

New to GSN!
Absolutely the all time best instruction idea. I have seen printed instructions, some with pictures, and manuals to build. But this idea of a complete build thread is what I need for every plane I build. I will definitely look to your site for my next build. Thank you so much for the easy build.

Jshie123

New to GSN!
Gluing wings and spars

I am kind of stuck in the build. Sorry but I'm new to this. You never discussed the gluing of the wings and the wooden spar and top and bottom main spars. Is this done with welders or am I supposed to use CA? Thanks.

Jim Shields

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi [MENTION=4091]Jshie123[/MENTION] I believe foam tac glue was used exclusively for this build. You can use Welders the same way. The only down side to welders vs. foam tac is that the welders will start to yellow and become brittle over time.