• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys - 30" EPP Crack Pitts M12 Biplane

hone

150cc
CG is a personal thing but i like mine to be slightly ahead of neutral so that the plane will fall slightly when inverted after being trimmed for level flight at 3/4 throttle. Some people like it neutral so that it takes no stick input to keep the plane level inverted but slightly nose heavy improves precision.
I don't have the Pitts but go out and fly it. When you make sure it's all trimmed out fly a level pass at 1/2-3/4 throttle then roll inverted and center the sticks. If the plane falls fast it is too nose heavy, if it doesn't fall at all but stays level you're neutral, and if it climbs you're tail heavy.

I really need to get one of these...

njg

New to GSN!
Thanks. Will check it out today and see how it goes inverted.
I appreciate the quick response

njg

New to GSN!
photo1.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto3.JPG

Love the TH Pitts. My favorite plane to fly right now over my Parkzone SE5A and ArtTech Corsair
It can fly slow and low yet perform all of the 3D maneuvers.
Really like the size and weight since it can handle some wind (5-10mph)
Builds fast and rugged yet light weight and flies in really small areas/parks
You should get one, you will not be disappointed (running the standard power combo on a 2S 500mah Lipo)
n

Last edited by a moderator: