• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tuning a DLE40 twin

Cervelo

30cc
I have a dle 40 twin that sounds great idle to high but when I put it on the field and accelerate it stumbles bad. Tried to richen low speed needle doesn't work. I've tried everything I know need help. Have a bowman ring and ngk plugs. Throttle curve is linear. About 1 and 1/2 galloons thru it. Thanks

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Cervelo said
I have a dle 40 twin that sounds great idle to high but when I put it on the field and accelerate it stumbles bad. Tried to richen low speed needle doesn't work. I've tried everything I know need help. Have a bowman ring and ngk plugs. Throttle curve is linear. About 1 and 1/2 galloons thru it. Thanks
I am a little confused by this,  when you say "sounds great idle to high but when you put it on the field and accelerate it stumbles bad" what else is different?  When it sounds great is the cowl off at the house? 

Cervelo

30cc
That's it nothing changes cowl is on I start it and let warm up it sounds good transitions good I let it idle and take it to full throttle no stumble but when I try to take off it stumbles bad but it will recover. I was told to try a throttle curve.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
are you letting it idle for longer periods as you're taxiing out prior to takeoff?  if so the plugs might be loading up.  try a slow power up before takeoff to clear the plugs, then idle and a couple of quick flips of power to see if it's better. 

you might be too rich on the low needle if the plug is getting fouled during low power taxi.

Cervelo

30cc
I am taxiing out it could be rich on the low needle reading the instructions with motor if it hesitates it is lean on low end so I tried to richen it to stop the hesitation will try the other way

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Cervelo said
I am taxiing out it could be rich on the low needle reading the instructions with motor if it hesitates it is lean on low end so I tried to richen it to stop the hesitation will try the other way
You could try and let it idle the same period of time that it takes to taxi out and see if you can duplicate it in run up to confirm.