• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I went out today early 5:30 am to get some flying time in before the wind came up. when I got to where we fly the wind was S at 10 mph which is right down the parking lot. I flew my Air Tractor first, then got two flights each on my 64 mm Twin A-10, and my 80 mm F-4 Phantom. One of the guys I fly with finally showed up around 8:00 and had me test fly his Mombo 10 bi-plane, the wind had changed and was SE at 12 mph test flight went fine and the landing, with the wing I was able to land it in less then 10 ft.
june.jpg
mombo.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I went out today early 5:30 am to get some flying time in before the wind came up. when I got to where we fly the wind was S at 10 mph which is right down the parking lot. I flew my Air Tractor first, then got two flights each on my 64 mm Twin A-10, and my 80 mm F-4 Phantom. One of the guys I fly with finally showed up around 8:00 and had me test fly his Mombo 10 bi-plane, the wind had changed and was SE at 12 mph test flight went fine and the landing, with the wing I was able to land it in less then 10 ft.
View attachment 114970 View attachment 114971

You are a busy bee! So much flying it's starting to make some of us jealous! Keep it up! :attaboy:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
A few weeks ago a very good friend, gave me an E-flite Splendor. He did not have any batteries for it. Some one else gave it to him. This plane has been discontinued for some time know but us in great condition so I checked everything out, programmed it and took it out and flew it early this morning be fore the wind came up, With a 6 cell 3300 I got a good 9 1/2 minutes of flight time t, that brought the battery down to 3.79. With the CG at the rec. 150 mm from the leading edge and rec. throws on High rate I discovered this plane is very snap happy with full up elevator, and even in low rate it will snap out of a loop. I will need to do some experimenting with CG and control surface throw's
so2.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I know, it's terrible. It's strange having no tourists here this year. we were expecting 1.8 million people this year before everything shut down for COVID. It's so peaceful... not helicopters running 12 hours a day nonstop, downtown is just locals. It's wonderful yet horrific for many friends with business that make their living off that industry.
But coming back full circle, This year I can enjoy what my town has to offer outdoors without running into Sooooooo many extra people. Heck even fishing is less crowded! I can take the skiff out without the risk being capsized by a whale watching boat!

WMcNabb

150cc
I know, it's terrible. It's strange having no tourists here this year. we were expecting 1.8 million people this year before everything shut down for COVID. It's so peaceful... not helicopters running 12 hours a day nonstop, downtown is just locals. It's wonderful yet horrific for many friends with business that make their living off that industry.
But coming back full circle, This year I can enjoy what my town has to offer outdoors without running into Sooooooo many extra people. Heck even fishing is less crowded! I can take the skiff out without the risk being capsized by a whale watching boat!

I can’t imagine the crowds that next year might bring, assuming the businesses can hang on. By then, this mess should be well behind us, and hopefully people are able to spend money on vacations.

BalsaDust

Went flying at lunch with the coworker I gave a drone too and another coworker who also has one. Love the picture quality that comes off of my Mavic. These pics are from the park on site where I work. Pretty nice perk having it back there with two nice ponds to fish in.
DJI_0012.JPG
DJI_0019.JPG