• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The Big Beaver from Twisted Hobbys - NEW

Well, we are here to help. Fontanooch, can you say more about the setup on your friend's plane, please?

What were the throws like on each surface (in degrees approx.)? I gotta assume no surfaces were reversed. Prop on right? Do all surfaces and push-rods move freely through the entire range? What size battery was your buddy trying to use and what kinda shape was his battery in (New, Extremely old or other)? Were there mixes on the plane that were set to be on all the time? Set up 4 channel or maybe 7? Were the leading edge flaps in the center lined up with the wing when you tested it? Like you said, we flew the heck outta this plane and it is a charm. Wind is NO problem at all. You could fly this thing is steady 15 gusting 20 mph without much problem provided you are used to wind correcting. Whenever you get a story like, "man this thing flies like total crap" on a Twisted plane, there is usually something whacked out somewhere in the build or the setup. We want to help salvage this guy's build if possible.

Well, I never gave out my setup so far as I know. I talked about it with a couple people via PM on other sites I think. I wanted to get the card out of my 8FG and help people out with the setup file but I had trouble getting the file onto the card and then onto the PC. I think you need Futaba software downloaded which I never got.

That said, I don't think he has my number either but I am not sure who we are talking about. I surely hope no one would throw a plane away over some setup issues. Really bad to think about losing business and tarnishing an excellent brand over someone's first attempt at a setup. If I can build it right on the first try, it ain't too hard.

My suggestion would be to go 4 channel and go through the checklist from above.

In my humble opinion, there's no way that he had Twisted's power combo working correctly on a Big Beaver, throws working correctly, with the prop on correctly and the plane wouldn't fly well. It's just not feasible... PM me his number if he wants to talk and still has the plane.

retiredVTT

New to GSN!
Well, I think we just got "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say...!

When taken to task to put up or shut up, appears he took the latter..!

Let's now hear more success stories from those who have purchased the Big Beaver..!

Bill

The above statement is one of the reason why I just deleted my comments on the beaver. There is a song that was made for this type of person who thinks they know everything or if you disagree they have to put in their comments it makes them feel good. retired Vtt this was written just you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_y9FB0QKk

Last edited by a moderator: