• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Test stands... what do you use?

rcflyguy

50cc
I'm not one for running big motors on test stands, I believe motors should be broken in while flying.

I have one I need to run before put in an airframe, just to make sure everything works properly.

So, if I could see some pics of what guys are using, I can get some sort of direction.

Thanks, Scott

rcflyguy

50cc
No airframe yet, I want to have it tested way before it arrives, just incase I have to do some work on it.

Thanks for the response tho!

50cc
engin-test0002.JPG
engin-test0002.JPG

Take a look at what Trevor Brum uses up in Canada.

I've got a slab of 4" 1/4" angle iron with bolt holes in it for thru bolts. Uses a servo for throttle. Just screws down to a picnic table.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Seriously

Here are some examples but you could just use a 4x4 post and some plywood or 2x4's. The PSP is a nice unit and you could easily adapt it for thrust measuring. I plan to build one for gassers to just see that they run ok. I always break new engines in on the plane as well. A stand is nice to have for just that....testing.

Attachments

• sport flyer test stand.jpg
    sport flyer test stand.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 476
  • psp test stand.jpg
    psp test stand.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 464
  • fence post test stand.jpg
    fence post test stand.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 264